Caring for your Crystals
Crystals has been on this earth since beginning of time. They are neutral & do not hold a mind of it's own. Which means they absorb all energy, positive or negative from people or space they interact with. This is why it's important to clean, purify & re-charge your crystals. We don't like to tell you when or how often you should clean & we think you should follow your instinct & your own personal believes. However we will give you some suggestions on how to make sure your crystals are vibrating with its healing properties at the highest potential.
Imagine how you feel after a long nice spa day or a deep cleaning to your home. Everything just seems bright & clear. That's what you want for your crystals so that they are starting from an energetically clean slate & ready to work with you. While all our items are cleaned & purified before shipping, we recommend you cleaning your crystals every 2-3 weeks. However, trust your instinct. If a thought came to you to clean it's probably the universe telling you so.
There are many different ways to clean & purify your crystals. First, you should always rinse them with running water & pat dry with the included microfiber cloth.
- Cleaning with the sacred smoke of sage. Simply hold your crystals within the passing smoke for 1-2 minutes. This is probably the easiest & most convenient method.
- Leaving your crystals on a Selenite plate. Selenite is one of the few crystals that have the ability to clean & purify other crystals. Simply rest your crystals on a piece of Selenite plate overnight. You can purchase your Selenite Charging Plate on Amazon here
- One of our favorite ways to clean & purify is by placing the crystals under the glare of the full moon. Crystals belong to the earth in nature & moonlight seems like a natural way to clean. Think of it as Spring-cleaning. We recommend using this method every couple months for a deep purification. During full moon, simple place your crystals in the outdoor night sky for the night.
Re-charging, Programming & Intention
Crystals are neutral & do not have a mind of it's own. Therefore they will need some direction so that it's heading the direction of your intention. For the crystal to help you manifest your intentions into realities, you have to be clear when programming your crystal what your exact intention or wish is. After cleaning, simply hold them in your hands & visualize your intention. Be specific & make sure your intention matches the natural properties of the crystals. Working with our Love Finder Bracelet for example, your intention should be related to opportunity meeting your soul mate. After cleaning & re-charging your crystals, we suggest wearing them for at least 21 straight days. It takes time for your crystals to work with you & bear in mind they will simply show you the path & it's up to you which directions you head.
Caring For Your Jewelry
All our jewelries can be worn 24/7. In general, you can ensure longer shine & sparkle by not exposing them to:
- Heat from bath & shower
- Salt water
- Cleaning chemicals
- Perfumes, lotions, soaps, oils, etc.
- Activities such as diving, boxing, rock climbing, etc.
- Liquid jewelry cleaner as they may damaged the stones
- Soaking in water or long exposure of hot sun which could lighten some crystals
- Hard contact (i.e., knocking against objects) that can scratch or chip the crystals
Cleaning & Storing Your Jewelry
To clean your jewelry we recommend you first clean, purify & re-charge your crystal with one of the method above. Every Popvibe jewelries comes with a polishing cloth. Using the cloth on metals bring back the shine. Avoid using the polishing cloth with our Vintage Black Metals as they are meant to be tarnish with a rustic look.
All Popvibe jewelries also comes with a travel pouch with the option to add a Gifting Box. These are great ways to store them when they are not being worn. Just make sure you store them in a cool dry place away from light & air to prevent excess tarnishing of plated metals.
Additionally, jewelry should be professionally cleaned & inspected once a year. Just like a fine automobile, periodic inspection & maintenance of jewelry helps prevent costly repairs or replacements. Personally inspect your jewelry as you wear it by looking for loose or chipped stones, worn links, bent prongs, or malfunctioning clasps.
Plating is a process where a layer of gold, silver, rose gold or black ruthenium is placed on to coat the surface of another metal. As the jewelry is not 100% solid, extra care should be taken to maximize its lifespan. Anything plated will eventually tarnish with time and wear.
To decrease the chances of fading, here are easy ways on keeping the luster of your plated jewelry.
- Avoid wearing your plated jewelry in shower & bath.
- Do not spray on perfume or other sprays while wearing your plated jewelry.
- Wait until your lotion or cream is dry or has been absorbed by your skin before you wear your plated jewelry.
- Substances like oil, nail polish, nail polish remover, chlorine, & perfume may react with plated jewelry & cause it to tarnish. This is also true for sweat, so make sure you remove your plated jewelry when you exercise or doing anything requiring heavy work & when swimming.
- If your jewelry needs more cleaning you may clean it with warm, soapy water. Soak it for a few minutes & you may clean it with the microfiber cloth. Stay away from jewelry cleaners & antibacterial soaps which may have certain components that will make your plated jewelry tarnish more quickly.
- Store like items together. Do not store gold or silver together. The different metals will cause each other to tarnish & fade. Have different storage places for different colors of metals like gold & rose gold. Store in a dry area.
Crystal healing and other types of energy work are not to be considered as a substitute for conventional medicine. If you have a serious health issue, you should consult your doctor & make complementary healing part of a complete health care program.
Popvibe would like to advise that when we talk about or discuss relating to the healing properties of crystals & stones, we are communicating our own personal beliefs & the results of our own extensive research.
Just because a crystal or stone is alleged to have one or more healing properties, either physical, mental, emotional or spiritual, it does not mean that you will definitely experience or benefit from any such properties.
Any information you receive, whether orally, in written form or electronically relating to crystals & stones purchased from Popvibe, should be received & understood in the above context.
Popvibe will consider that purchase of crystals jewelry from Popvibe is made on the basis of your own freedom of choice.